Your health is our top priority! Due to the COVID-19 measures, we do our job interviews via skype or by telephone. So don't hesitate to apply, we look forward to receiving your application!
Senior expert on competitive market operations
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Description de fonction
In the expansion of our business towards competitive market reforms, EGI is seeking for an experienced professional in spot market operation and implementing of competitive trading of power, capacities, balancing and ancillary services.
As senior expert on competitive market operations, you will interact with our clients, partners and relevant department within the Elia Group organization.
You will support our clients in defining and implementing competitive reforms in different market segments with a constant focus on performance and growth opportunities.
• Anticipating the changes in the power market landscape and define the most suitable markets configurations or smart grid strategies by leading successful projects that provide value to customers and benefits to society
• Contribute to projects on establishing market operator and implementing competitive trading of power, capacities and ancillary services
• Establish and/or challenge market reforms
• Support the company’s business development teams in identifying and pursuing opportunities: Establish trusted relationship to clients, understand clients’ agenda, translate it into issues and possible scenarios, determine best approach, develop proposals.
• Participate in projects related to market roles and responsibilities transformations
• Support for developing spot trading operations from regulatory, markets and business point of view
• Spot regulatory and market trends and technologies
• Support in developing clients capabilities on operating under competitives markets setup
• Participate in strategy discussion and internal initiatives
• Master’s degree
• 8-10 years’ experience minimum in electrical trading business, including spot market, wholesale markets and non-physical trading, trading of ancillary services
• Effective leadership, coaching and stakeholder management
• Expert on forward, day-ahead and intraday market organization
• Understand a large variety of market design configurations and how they interact
• Setting up of pricing schemes of power exchanges
• Design and implementation of projects including complicated business related contractual negotiations
• Ability to manage complex processes, constantly linking strategic objectives and detailed technical aspects
• Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
• Proven track record of power and ancillary market development
• Capability to engage and establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures – need to communicate with internal resources, partners, mother companies and clients
• Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of Arabic, French, Dutch or German is an asset
• Creative, proactive, client-oriented, result driven, autonomous
• Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project needs
Nous vous offrons
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Lieu de travail
Brussels or Berlin, frequent travelling to client sites (approx. 30%)
Functional cookies (not editable)
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features.
Analytical cookies (click to enable)
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example which webpages/features you go to most often. These cookies allow us to improve how the website works.
Functional cookies (click to enable)
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features.
Targeting cookies (click to enable)
These cookies allow us to deliver content that are more relevant to you and your interests, based on an analysis of your browsing.