Your health is our top priority! Due to the COVID-19 measures, we do our job interviews via skype or by telephone. So don't hesitate to apply, we look forward to receiving your application!
Business developer South East Asia
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
Description de fonction
As a Business Developer, you will be in charge of prospecting for new contract opportunities, selling projects, managing the client relationship and organizing the follow-up of services delivered by EGI to third parties thereby contributing to the overall profitability of the company and fulfilling the strategic interests of shareholders, staff and clients.
1. Market prospection and development
• Leading our “trusted-partner” approach
• Analysing and assessing market opportunities (region, sector, company)
• Developing regional business plans (including market analysis, marketing plan, financial forecasts, operations, regulations, marketing and partners’ strategy),
• Getting approval for the business plan from the relevant internal bodies
• Establishing and fostering relations with local stakeholders (prospects, investment banks, funds, consultants and potential target groups)
• Monitoring public tenders
• Organizing and attending international events/missions to support market prospection
• Developping marketing and communication material
• Reporting to the organization through CRM and other reporting tools
2. Developing / Maintaining Partnerships
• Looking for partners for short- and long-term projects
• Assessing skills and capabilities of potential partners (complementarity, geographical situation, prices, reputation, working methods, ethics, etc.)
• Preparing NDAs, MoUs and other contractual documents
• Drafting consortium agreements and/or subcontracting agreements with partners
• Maintaining a good working relationship with partners
3. Managing Accounts
• Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts
• Defining action plans per Key Account & Follow-up
• Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements
• Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
• Develop new business with existing clients and identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets
• Prepare reports on account status
4. Preparing/negotiating bids
• Analyzing “Requests For Proposals” (RFPs) in tender procedures
• Negotiating and meeting up with the client and the partners, and with potential project partners
• Co-Developing the technical scope of bids along with EGI’s experts and in accordance with the client’s needs
• Preparing financial bids (including price and terms and conditions of sale)
• Filling in the Expression of Interest according to EGI’s standards and in line with the customer’s expectations
5. Supporting project Implementation
• Making sure delivery is in line with sold scope and up to the customer satisfaction
• Monitoring project milestones in tandem with the project’s technical manager
• Assisting expert teams in selecting consultants and in contract execution
• Concluding (financial/legal) contracts
• Master’s degree and a minimum of five years previous experience in relevant fields
• Good knowledge of utilities industry / Transmission System Operators (TSO) environment
• Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role ideally within a management consulting firm or in the energy industry
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
• Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
• Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures – need to communicate with internal resources, partners, parent companies and clients
• Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of French, Dutch or German is an asset
Nous vous offrons
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Lieu de travail
Singapore (other locations in South East Asia can also be considered) , regular travelling to client sites in the region (approx. 75%).
Functional cookies (not editable)
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features.
Analytical cookies (click to enable)
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example which webpages/features you go to most often. These cookies allow us to improve how the website works.
Functional cookies (click to enable)
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features.
Targeting cookies (click to enable)
These cookies allow us to deliver content that are more relevant to you and your interests, based on an analysis of your browsing.