Elia Grid International - Senior Manager for Power Transmission Projects
Elia Grid International - Senior Manager for Power Transmission Projects(600044)
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
With your extensive experience in Electrical Engineering for HV/UHV grid and proven track record in project management, you will develop and realize important HVAC/HVDC substation projects together with our mother companies in Germany and Belgium as well as with international clients. You will take responsibility for a group of strong Project Engineers. Your anticipate and manage client’s needs in these complex infrastructure projects, take initiative for business and project development and contribute to the strategic focus of the company in your domain of expertise.
Your responsibilities will include the active management of your projects’ business cases and the development of the team dedicated to your project(s). You also support the management of the company in steering the business along the company’s KPI’s.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- You take the full operational lead of large project(s) from proposal stage to realization in all relevant dimension of technical scope, financial budget, timeline and quality
- You negotiate contracts and manage these contracts – both with employers but also with subcontractors – and you establish strong interfaces with all contracting parties along the project lifecycle
- You coach and develop the project team members
- You take care of the team performance and you maintain a positive good feedback and development culture
- You effectively interact and communicate with internal and external stakeholders and you establish a trusted relationship with the client’s senior managers
- You make sure that your project(s) contribute to the overall objectives and KPIs of the company
- You contribute to the resource planning, workload forecast and allocation of staff
- You promote exchange with other projects and teams in the company
You actively contribute to the business development activities of the companies along your specific expertise domain – this concerns “internal” business
- Diploma or master's degree in electrical engineering;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Thereof several years of experience with primary technology, secondary systems, control and protection systems for medium- to high-voltage installations, ideally in project implementation;
- Proven track record in project leadership
- Applied skill in state-the-art project management methods, certification is a strong plus (e.g. PMI or Prince2)
- Strong team player and leader with ability and interest in coaching of team members;
- Effective communication skill in order to connect with internal and external stakeholdes, esp. at decision making level
- A capacity for creative, conceptual thought and the ability to swiftly and efficiently familiarise yourself with new and highly complex issues;
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of conflict resolution methods;
- Experience in the use of common software such as iTWO, SAP and MS Office
- Very good skills in English and German
- Driving license
Wij bieden aan
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Terug naar overzicht