Legal and Regulatory Manager - Nemo Link
Legal and Regulatory Manager - Nemo Link(101139)
Nemo Link® is the name of a project to lay high voltage electricity cables under the sea, improving the link between UK and European electricity generation with consumers in the UK and across the continent. It is a joint project between National Grid Interconnector Holdings Limited, a subsidiary company of the UK’s National Grid Plc, and the Belgian Elia group.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice : pro-active identification of requirements ; gathering information and providing legal advice, if necessary in collaboration with external partners
- Write and review of contracts and legal documents in collaboration with other team members
- Management of legal and administrative procedures and legal disputes/conflicts/court cases
- Represent Nemo Link Ltd in Belgium and in the Uk towards authorities, regulators, national and international organisations and other stakeholders
- Report to the business director regarding (potential) disputes and risks
- Follow-up and execution of regulatory files and projects on a national and international level by providing a transparent and complete reporting
- Share information on regulatory and legal issues with the whole team
- You have proven expertise in company related law and electricity law in the UK/ Belgium and Europe
- You have good knowledge of the energy sector and its regulation, ideally in the UK/ Belgium and Europe
- You have a proven track record in managing complex files on the level of : number of parties involved ; innovative aspect (no precedents) of the issues ; interference of legislation (e.g. company law/administrative law/ energy law…)
- You are able to work in the highest degree of autonomy concerning legal and regulatory files and you will determine strategy and reporting methodologies, but always in close contact with board members and management committee members
- You have a Master in Law in the UK and/or Belgium
- Preferably you have working experience in the energy sector and/or with Regulators in the Uk or Belgium
- You have excellent skills in oral and written English. Dutch and/or French is an asset.
Wij bieden aan
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing Elia means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels ( Sablon ) or Solihull ( UK)
Terug naar overzicht