Contract Manager Energy
Contract Manager Energy(100962)
Elia is the operator of the Belgian high-voltage transmission grid (380 kV to 30 kV) and is responsible for developing and maintaining the grid, providing users with access to it and controlling energy flows. The Elia group is a team of 2,000 professionals who have the task of ensuring the continuity of electricity supplies in Belgium.
As owner and operator of electricity transmission networks in Belgium and Germany Elia has an important role and mission in supporting and implementing Europe's energy and climate policy.
Against the backdrop of increased renewable energy generation and a greater need for international cooperation, you will act as a link between the definition and execution of ancillary services, strategic reserves and the access responsible parties (dealing with implementation, contracts, purchasing and training) and will help to establish the regulatory and contractual framework.
Management of contracts, purchases and prospecting
- You will draw up contracts (specifically ancillary service and strategic reserve contracts), negotiate them with suppliers, make necessary amendments and conclude them. You will then monitor the signed contracts.
- You will be in charge of purchasing ancillary services and strategic reserves (publication, call for tenders and documentation, pre-qualification, analysis of bids, report on the results and awarding of contracts) and running auctions for the purchase of reserves.
- You will be responsible for monitoring contracts and verifying the provision of services.
- You will look for new suppliers.
- You will be in charge of the commercial monitoring of a portfolio of access responsible party customers.
Internal and external training courses
- You will advise or provide training to internal and external customers, support and guide new suppliers when they arrive on the Belgian market, and have technical discussions with suppliers.
- You will provide energy service Product Managers with input and explanations about essential long-term developments.
- You will continuously develop expertise, monitor benchmarks, and assess the economic impact of various proposals.
- You have a university degree in a technical field.
- You have two to three years' experience.
- You understand how the energy sector works and ideally are familiar with the regulatory framework.
- You speak French, Dutch and English.
- You have an analytical mind.
- You have excellent writing skills and can communicate clearly.
- You are a results-oriented team player.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing Elia means opting for a future full of promise!
Boulevard de l'Empereur 20, 1000 Brussels
Back to overview