Elia is the operator of the Belgian high-voltage transmission grid (380 kV to 30 kV) and is responsible for developing and maintaining the grid, providing users with access to it and controlling energy flows. The Elia group is a team of 2,000 professionals who have the task of ensuring the continuity of electricity supplies in Belgium.
As owner and operator of electricity transmission networks in Belgium and Germany Elia has an important role and mission in supporting and implementing Europe's energy and climate policy.
In line with the company's general strategy and the regulatory framework, you will help to optimise management principles (procedures, working methods, tools, etc.) associated with organisational and economic aspects. You will also gather, check, analyse, interpret and pass on economic information and/or documents to help Elia apply its management policy.
Your main tasks as Business Controller will be as follows:
- Devising and implementing management principles for the Elia Group (procedures, working methods, tools, management reports, etc.).
- Drawing up the budget, explaining the key budgetary issues of the Elia Group to the business and gathering, checking and consolidating the statistics compiled by the business.
- Carrying out a direct budget audit for various Elia departments.
- Ensuring that managers and directors receive regular management reports, identifying and analysing the causes of any discrepancies between the actual situation and the budget, suggesting corrective measures and regularly updating the company's end-of-year forecasts.
- Preparing and drafting reports for the regulator to meet Elia's regulatory requirements.
- Analysing the economic and organisational aspects of Elia's activities in order to improve procedures, working methods and tools, especially in the procurement cycle and in service valuation.
- Advising managers and members of the Management Committee on economic and organisational matters with a view to issuing recommendations (on how to interpret legislation, decisions taken by the regulator and economic simulations, etc.).
- Conducting or contributing to cross-cutting projects.
- You have a university degree, preferably a master’s degree in an economic or technical field.
- You already have 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- You are familiar with statutory and cost accounting.
- You have or would like to acquire knowledge of the energy sector (regulatory and legal framework, etc.).
- You have an affinity with technology (as used in the electricity sector) and IT (e.g. using applications like SAP).
- You readily adapt to new working environments.
- You have a critical, analytical mind.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You can manage and coordinate projects.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing Elia means opting for a future full of promise!
Boulevard de l’Empereur 20, B-1000 Brussels
Back to overview