Elia is the operator of the Belgian high-voltage transmission grid (380 kV to 30 kV) and is responsible for developing and maintaining the grid, providing users with access to it and controlling energy flows. The Elia group is a team of 2,000 professionals who have the task of ensuring the continuity of electricity supplies in Belgium.
As owner and operator of electricity transmission networks in Belgium and Germany Elia has an important role and mission in supporting and implementing Europe's energy and climate policy.
The Modular Offshore Grid project involves setting up a high-voltage network in the Belgian part of the North Sea, optimising four prospective offshore wind farms' connection to the existing high-voltage grid. The Modular Offshore Grid concept and project aims to concentrate the wind energy from these four wind farms on one point, an 'offshore power socket', from which this energy will be transferred to the mainland through various subsea cables. Each of the four wind farms will be built by their own respective developers and will not be executed at the same time. This means that there are different time frames for the construction for each one of them, meaning that this grid will be put in place adopting a modular approach, consisting of various stages, based on the timetable for each wind farm.
As Program Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of entrepreneurship for the Elia offshore facilities. Your main tasks will be:
As the future local O&M operator, closely monitoring the construction stage of the platform, its ancillary services and the subsea cables (2017-2019).
Maintaining both the OSY platform (and part of the Rentel platform) and the subsea cables:
- Drafting the technical specifications for the future maintenance contracts for the platform and its ancillary services (in cooperation with the detailed designer) based on manufacturers' maintenance manuals.
- Writing up the O&M offshore procedures, including the emergency plans required by law, and managing these procedures.
- Being responsible for managing contracts and monitoring the various outsourcing partners for both the platform and the subsea cables.
- Helping to monitor and later determine the non-core offshore maintenance policies (jacket, topside, platform ancillary services, subsea cables).
- Conducting regular 'Lessons learned' analyses to fine-tune and optimise the special offshore maintenance policies and work methods.
- Monitoring implementation of the entire maintenance programme and optimising these activities.
- Ensuring that all statutory inspections and required checks are conducted properly.
Looking after the operational management of offshore assets:
- Overseeing alarm management (prioritising and determining the response to emergency/non-emergency alarm notifications).
- Taking care of and monitoring budgets.
- Jointly taking charge of specific reports to the regulator.
- As required by law, acting as the crisis manager in the event of a major disaster (e.g. a ship intruding into the platform's territory, fire breaking out on the platform).
Looking after the required organisation, personnel, certification, specific offshore equipment, transport to and from the platform, establishment of housekeeping rules and so on.
- Leading a small team, probably with a junior executive and a small number of technicians.
- Acquiring the appropriate internal knowledge of offshore matters.
Acting as the single point of contact (SPOC) for Elia's offshore activities.
- Internal: Public & Regulatory Affairs, Safety, Permits, Purchasing, Environment, Security and so on.
- External: federal and regional authorities, Management Unit of the Mathematical Model of the North Sea, maritime organisations, port authorities, Maritime Access Division and so on.
Safeguarding Elia's interests at sea. Monitoring all types of activity in the vicinity of our offshore facilities (e.g. our subsea cables being crossed).
- You are a civil or industrial engineer, specialising in electricity or electromechanics, or have equivalent experience.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
- You have at least 5 to 10 years professional experience in infrastucture.
- You communicate easily and assertively, have a pragmatic mindset and are a team player.
- You have experience in managing a team and working in a matrix environment.
- You have experience in procurement (writing specifications, analysing offers, managing contracts, monitoring works).
- You have experience in devising, justifying and monitoring budgets.
- Experience and a network in the offshore industry is a bonus.
- Experience in the operational management of assets is an asset.
- Experience in Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) and platform utilities (e.g. HVAC, diesel, firefighting) is an advantage.
- Experience in high-voltage subsea cables (installation/maintenance/seabed surveys) is an asset.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing Elia means opting for a future full of promise!
Keizerslaan/Boulevard Empéreur 20, 1000 Brussels
Back to overview