EGI Middle East : Project Leader- Solutions & Services
EGI Middle East : Project Leader- Solutions & Services(600029)
EGI (Elia Grid International) is a company that advises and helps with the implementation, recommendations and/or deliverables of their clients. The EGI services are based on the innovative expertise and hands-on experience of their homebased TSO’s (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany). Through a strong partnership with their international clients they make a difference in tangible deliverables and the way of delivering. The team of experts that have developed proven knowledge and experience, in Elia and 50Hertz as well as internationally, will offer consultancy and engineering services on the international energy market and develop power systems projects for third parties.
As a Project Manager, you will oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. You will ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that everyone within the project team is doing their job. As a Project Manager, you will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders including senior management and ensuring technical feasibility
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project (resource availability and allocation)
Implement the project
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project. Report and escalate to management as needed
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
Control the project
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Perform risk assessment and management to minimize project risks
Depending on the project, responsibilities can cover all aspects from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client.
- Engineering degree. Solid knowledge of Utilities sector
- Strong experience with project management - certification (PMP / PMI)- approaches & tools in a consulting environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English) and ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders. Knowledge of German / French / Dutch / Arabic is an plus.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and collaborative working environment tools (SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience working in the Middle-East or emerging markets.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Based in Dubai with rotation 50% to 75% at client sites in the neighbouring GCC countries.
Back to overview