EGI Middle East: Business Consultant - Solutions & Services - (M/V)
EGI Middle East: Business Consultant - Solutions & Services - (M/V)(600028)
EGI (Elia Grid International) is a company that advises and helps with the implementation, recommendations and/or deliverables of their clients. The EGI services are based on the innovative expertise and hands-on experience of their homebased TSO’s (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany). Through a strong partnership with their international clients they make a difference in tangible deliverables and the way of delivering. The team of experts that have developed proven knowledge and experience, in Elia and 50Hertz as well as internationally, will offer consultancy and engineering services on the international energy market and develop power systems projects for third parties
The duties of a Business Consultant generally begin with understanding what the client wishes to improve or fix. This may include reviewing the client strategy, policies, objectives, tools and process. As a Business consultant you will provide an analysis of the existing practices of clients and make recommendations for improvements.
Your ultimate goal will be to help the client solve issues, create value, maximise growth and improve their business performance.
As a Business Consultant you will perform a wide range of duties some of which may include the following:
- Support the project team during the data collection process
- Carry out research and data collection to understand the client organisation and context;
- Interview client employees, management team and other stakeholders;
- Run focus groups and facilitate workshops
- Collaborate with the technical experts to formulate pragmatic solutions
- Analyse and evaluate a customers’ strategy, vision, environment and challenges
- Evaluate business processes efficiency and formulate improvement recommendations
- Articulate business ideas, suggestions and problems in technology terms
- Develop pragmatic solutions to convert business ideas into deliverable solutions
- Presenting findings and recommendations to clients;
Depending on the project, responsibilities can cover all aspects from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client.
- Engineering degree with at least 3 years of experience in consulting at international level
- Solid generalist business experience, combined with project execution in the utilities sector
- Excellent communication skills (English) and ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders. Knowledge of German / French / Dutch / Arabic is an plus.
- Flexible and open to change, change management experience is an advantage;
- Solution oriented and capability to resolve conflict
- Analytical mind with the ability to synthetize, abstract and communicate the information at a level suitable for the target audience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and collaborative working environment tools (SharePoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with Project Management Frameworks (PRINCE2,…) is a plus
- Experience working in the Middle-East or emerging markets is a plus
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Based in Dubai with rotation 50% to 75% at client sites in the neighbouring GCC countries.
Back to overview