EU Affairs Advisor
EU Affairs Advisor(101172)
Elia Group, Berlin
50Hertz is one of four power transmission system operators (TSO) in Germany and forms together with the Belgian TSO Elia Transmission the Elia Group. Both TSOs operate at the heart of the European electricity system as they provide vital links between the various electricity producers and their 30 million end users. The Group’s high voltage network, with its intricately meshed 18,600 km grid, transports the electricity generated by the producers to the distribution system operators and major industrial consumers. In addition, interconnectors with several neighboring countries allow electricity trade in wider European energy markets. Currently our team within the Elia Group Function EU Affairs (workplace Berlin) is looking for an:
EU Affairs Advisor
Referent Europäische Energiepolitik
The EU Affairs Advisor manages public affairs and energy policy activities of the Elia Group at European level, both in Berlin and in Brussels.
The EU Affairs Advisor works in the Elia Group department EU Affairs and reports to the Elia Group Head of this departmentAffairs. The Elia Group’s headquarters are situated in Berlin and Brussels. The position is based in Berlin to make sure that German and 50Hertz aspects are adequately taken into account when defining the strategy of the Elia Group EU advocacy.
The Advisor plans and carries out public affairs and advocacy activities such as compiling position papers or organizing advocacy events, in close collaboration with the 50Hertz department for Communications and Public Affairs and other business units of 50Hertz as well as with external EU policy stakeholders both in Berlin and Brussels.
The Advisor leads and participates in the following activities, amongst others:
- Monitoring and assessment of EU legislation and regulation (White and Green Papers, EU Directives and Regulations) and of other energy and EU policy related developments and their impact onto the Elia Group,
- Positioning of the Elia Group at European level, in close collaboration with the relevant Elia Group departments, including the 50Hertz department of Communications and Public Affairs and other business units of 50Hertz Transmission,
- Planning and implementing of targeted communication and advocacy activities on European energy policy issues in Berlin and Brussels,
- Development of a sustainable network of stakeholders in Brussels and Berlin, which are active on EU policy related issues,
- Membership and participation in our European TSO association ENTSO-E, in particular in the ENTSO-E EU Affairs Expert Group.
Required skills and experience
- Successfully completed University degree (e.g. Master) in Law, Political Sciences or comparable field,
- Several years of professional experience in EU advocacy in Brussels and the energy sector,
- Profound knowledge in political, economic and legal conditions of the European energy sector,
- Very good interpersonal and networking skills to establish and enhance a sustainable stakeholder network in Berlin and Brussels,
- High linguistic and editorial competences, ideally experience in speech writing,
- Proficient fluent knowledge of English and German, other languages (e.g. French) are an asset,
- Mobility and flexibility, willingness to travel between Berlin and Brussels on a frequent basis (up to 50 percent of the week).
- The opportunity to work on current key issues of international energy policies,
- Flexible work and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- Modern work environment downtown (just at the main station),
- Company Pension Scheme,
- For more details visit our career website.
Back to overview