Project Engineer for the implementation of the network codes
Project Engineer for the implementation of the network codes(500016)
The mission of Coreso is to proactively support Transmission System Operators (TSOs) to ensure Security of Electricity Supply in Europe. Located in Brussels, about fifty engineers, seconded from their companies or directly hired by CORESO, combine their expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to anticipate the operation both in the short term and the long term, from a year ahead until Intraday (few hours before real time)
Founded in 2008, Coreso encompasses nine European operators, which are also its shareholders (Elia in Belgium, Eirgrid in Ireland, 50hertz in Germany, National Grid in the UK, REE in Spain, REN in Portugal, RTE in France, SONI in Northern Ireland, Terna in Italy).
Within the European context of progressing market mechanisms, continuous growth of renewable energy, ambitious grid development and further harmonization, new coordination challenges are numerous. Coreso aims to build up, together with all partners, the adequate coordinated operational processes to cope with these game changers. To secure operation of the European electricity system represents a truly international challenge.
As Project Engineer, you support and lead, within CORESO, the projects needed for the implementation of the European network codes.
You’ll part of the Service Development department under the responsibility of Head of Development (HoD) of CORESO.
The Service Development department is within CORESO responsible to support the implementation of activities embedded in the so-called “5 services” (Common Grid Model, Security Analysis, Capacity Calculation, Short and Medium Term Adequacy and Outage Planning Coordination) that are, as foreseen by the European network codes, to be delivered by the regional coordination centres as CORESO. Concretely, CORESO support this implementation for all regions where one of the shareholders of Coreso is active (Channel, CSE, CWE, CORE, SWE, UK-IR).
The team also takes care to develop and give the needed expertise to support these services.
The projet engineers, who works within the team, play a key role, in intern as in the different European workgroups, to support the TSOs in the methodologies definition, the organisation and analysis of experimentations, the definition and implementation of the needed processes and tools as the organisation of internal and external and the preparation of the service Go Life. In this context, they have regular interactions with TSCNET, with who the services are jointly offered in several regions, as with the different TSOs.
As project engineer, you execute a function based on change. Therefore, your tasks will cover Projet management activities (scope and approach, planning and work organisation, follow-up and reporting, ..) as expertise activities (contribution to the project delivrables, processes design, tools specifications, results analyses, support after the service Go life, ..)
- You hold a Master degree (or equivalent);
- You have professional experience in the energy sector in system operations, operational planning, implementation of European coordination and/or market or related field. A specific expertise in one of the 5 services is not mandatory but would be an added value. In particular, an interest for the implementation of CGMES is part of the profiles we’re looking for;
- You are able to analyse complex problems and situations, capable to integrate different views and to propose adequate solutions, in a European and multi-cultural context;
- You are a real team player and have good project management competences;
- You are able to communicate confidently and defend your point of view in English;
- You are interested to work in a changing environment with challenging activities to contribute to Coreso’s development (projects; operational tools and services,…);
- You will be based in Brussels.
Appropriate conditions have been developed for the Coreso employees. A complete benefit package is proposed including company car. You will work in a dynamic and international environment that will ensure a very valuable career step for you.
Back to overview