Implementation officer offshore cables
Implementation officer offshore cables(101108)
Elia is the operator of the Belgian high-voltage transmission grid (380 kV to 30 kV) and is responsible for developing and maintaining the grid, providing users with access to it and controlling energy flows. The Elia group is a team of 2,000 professionals who have the task of ensuring the continuity of electricity supplies in Belgium.
As owner and operator of electricity transmission networks in Belgium and Germany Elia has an important role and mission in supporting and implementing Europe's energy and climate policy.
The Modular Offshore Grid (MOG) project plans to construct a high-voltage grid in the Belgian part of the North Sea. The project aims to create optimal connections between the four planned offshore wind farms and the existing high-voltage grid.
The MOG concept and project will gather together wind energy from these four wind farms at a single hub, a kind of 'power socket in the sea', transmitting energy from it via a number of subsea cables. The four wind farms will each be realised by their respective developers and will not all be built at the same time. So their various construction schedules will be staggered.
Consequently, the grid will be built in modular fashion, in different phases, in line with the schedules of the various wind farms.
As Implementation Officer Offshore Cables you will help the Implementation Manager Offshore start up and manage offshore activities, focussing on offshore cables.
These activities will primarily entail:
- closely monitoring the project's construction phase as a future 'local' operations and maintenance (O&M) officer;
- analysing, defining and implementing the O&M requirements related to the Asset System Strategy;
- preparing, organising and following up on the O&M of offshore cables with regard to:
- monitoring offshore cables, including alarm management, DTS, AIS, surveys;
- maintenance and interventions along the cable route;
- the management and further expansion of the Offshore Asset Database (i.e. the Geographical Information System (GIS) consisting of design data, as-build data, survey data, installation and production events), among other things;
- drafting and managing O&M offshore procedures, including statutory emergency plans;
- drafting reports for the authorities and following up on them;
- drawing up, implementing and regularly updating the Cable Repair Preparedness Plan;
- taking charge of contract management and overseeing the various outsourcing partners and/or suppliers;
- regularly performing 'lessons learned' analyses to tweak and optimise specific offshore maintenance policies and working methods;
- overseeing and optimising the implementation of the entire maintenance programme;
- guaranteeing that all necessary checks are properly carried out;
- overseeing Spare Part Management.
- carrying out the operational management of offshore cables, including:
- monitoring alarm management (prioritising, determining the response to urgent and non-urgent alarms), DTS and AIS data, among other things;
- monitoring and following up on budgets;
- sharing the responsibility for specific reporting to the regulator.
- protecting Elia's interests at sea and monitoring all kinds of activities in the vicinity of our offshore assets (crossings of our subsea cables, etc.).
- You are a civil or industrial engineer (specialising in energy, electricity or electromechanics), or have equivalent experience.
- You speak fluent English and Dutch.
- You have extensive knowledge of high-voltage cables.
- You are an effective, assertive and practically minded communicator and a team player.
- You regard safety as a top priority.
- Experience in the operational management of offshore assets and/or interventions would be an asset.
- Experience in procurement (drawing up specifications, analysing offers, contract management, monitoring executed work) would be an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or GIS would be an asset.
A competitive salary, supplemented with fringe benefits and a company car.
You come to work in an ambitious, informal and dynamic work environment with room for entrepreneurship and own initiative. It is challenging work in a strong and driven team.
You become part of a fantastic journey where you will change the energy supply worldwide.
avenue de Vilvoorde, 126, 1000 Brussels
Back to overview